240 Union Station Place, Bethlehem, PA 18018
St. Luke's at Union Station is a historic rehabilitation and adaptive re-use project that transformed a ca. 1900 passenger rail station into a state-of-the-art health and wellness center for St. Luke's Hospital and Health Network. When passenger rail service ceased during the 1970's in the Lehigh Valley, Union Station was abandoned. Demolition by neglect nearly caused the collapse of the historic edifice. ADC acquired the property in 2001, leveraged public financing for needed infrastructure and committed company resources to complete rehabilitation which has been certified by the National Parks Services. A five-year local tax amortization program enabled attractive lease-back terms for the tenant.